Thursday, July 17, 2008

Training Check in from Stacy

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would check in and see how training is going! October will be here before we know it!

We, Jon and I, are learning that this is a major commitment! It is easy to forget we are working towards 26.2 miles in the midst of a busy summer. Reality check for us- little 4 mile runs aren't going to cut it anymore- you have to really be intentional to manage your time around running. Sometimes I still can't believe I signed up to do this, I am excited though!

I have had some great long runs, and some rough runs. There were a few humid days that weren't so pleasant! I will need to start increasing my mileage fast! My method has always been based more off time than miles, because I know my pace pretty well. By the end of next week- my goal is to complete a 2 hour run, which for me is about 13 miles. Also, I have been meaning to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in August to keep me motivated... hope I can still get in!

Would love to hear how training is going! We are a team after all, right? Let's be in touch!

Keep your eyes on the prize!!!

No comments: